We have sent password reset instructions and OTP. Please check your inbox
Mathematics is one of the most indispensable and necessary topics in our life, no matter whatever career we choose. But some may even choose a career in Mathematics, so they have to pursue a course. However, sometimes it is not easy to select the appropriate direction. So if you are wondering about having a career in Mathematics and have graduated in Master Science in Mathematics, also known as M.Sc in Mathematics is the best course. It is a 2-year long postgraduate course in the field of Mathematics for students having an interest in Mathematics. This course covers subjects like Algebra, Linear Programming, Differential Geometry, Complex Analysis Geometry, etc.
The average fee charged by institutes in India for offering this course ranges between ₹5,000 - ₹2,00,000. After pursuing this course, the graduates get an option to choose from two, to either pursue a Ph.D. or obtain a job. They can be hired in areas like coaching centres, schools, investment companies, or in a relevant field. The position they can be hired for can be Teacher, Mathematician, Assistant Manager, Interest Rate Trending Strategist, or such areas for an annual salary ranging between ₹6,00,000 - ₹9,00,000.
Applicants willing to aspire course of M.Sc in Mathematics from an institute have to fulfil specific requirements criteria for the eligibility verification process. Most institutes ask the standard requirements, although they may differ from college to college. The requirements may include getting a particular degree. The standard conditions for applying for this course are as follows.
M.Sc in Mathematics is a 2-year long course divided in a semester-based system. The course comprises two parts, which are 20% of internal assessment and the rest 80% of the written examination. The curriculum covers subjects like Algebra, Probability Theory, Linear Programming, Geometry of Numbers, Elasticity, etc. The curriculum is showcased in the table below.
Geometry of Numbers
Many institutes in India offer the course of M.Sc in Mathematics. Some of them are private, while some are government-administered. They may charge an amount between ₹3,000 - ₹1,00,000 per annum for offering this course. Some of the most famous institutes along with its location and average annual fee are tabulated below.
Average Annual Fee
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Chennai, Tamil Nadu
M.Sc in Mathematics provides a lot of future opportunities for its degree holders. They get plenty of opportunities in investment companies or schools and colleges or banks or any other fields. They can be appointed for job profiles such as Quantitative Developer, Mathematician, Professor, Assistant Manager or a related job profile at an annual salary ranging between ₹3,00,000 - ₹6,00,000. Some of the most famous and high yielding job profiles are as follows.
Average Annual Salary
Mathematics Specialists are the person who design, analyse and implement mathematics assessments for the planning Mathematics syllabus in schools or higher levels.
₹2,00,000 - ₹3,00,000
Professors are responsible for teaching the syllabus of the subject they have studied. They prepare the students for various tests and also conduct tests regularly to monitor their progress. They aim to improve the knowledge skills for pursuing a career.
₹8,00,000 - ₹9,00,000
Quantitative Risk Analyst
Quantitative Risk Analysts are hired for analysing financial risk through various quantitative methods for an organisation. Depending upon their conclusions, different financial decisions like developing price modules are made by an organisation.
₹5,00,000 - ₹6,00,000
Equity Quantitative Analyst
Equity Quantitative Analysts are hired for analysing various financial outcomes with the help of quantitative methods. Their analysis is used in multiple purposes like investment banks, hedge funds, private equity and insurance companies.
₹10,00,000 - ₹11,00,000
Quantitative Developers are expert in the application of mathematical and statistical methods such as numerical or quantitative techniques.
₹6,00,000 - ₹7,00,000
User Already Exists
A user with email address you entered already exists with us ! Try to sign in.